Catusse gîte is a delightful one bedroom escape which was once part of a 200 year old farm, set in an elevated position in peaceful countryside with fantastic panoramic views. It has a fabulous heated pool which has been newly refurbished along with the private terracing around it. Set at the end of a no through road peace and tranquility are guaranteed, yet it's only 5km from the pretty village of Lauzun with a selection of shops and restaurants, Miramont-de-Guyenne with a larger selection of shops and supermarkets is again only 5km away.
It's a lovely place to just relax and unwind, but it's also great as a base to venture east into the Dordogne to visit places like Issigeac, Monpazier, Beynac and La Roque-Gageac, or head north westwards towards the vineyards of Bergerac, Duras and Bordeaux with places like Saint-Émilion well worth a visit.
The popular bastide town of Eymet is another place to visit, not only for its colourful evening markets during July and August but also for some lovely restaurants. For those of you who fancy a round of golf, Château des Vigiers, a fantastic 27 hole golf course is about 30 minutes away and there's a very welcoming 9 hole course at Tombeboeuf, about 15 minutes away.
The gîte is on one floor:
- Large comfortable living space with well equipped kitchen area, dining table and chairs and lounge area
- The kitchen has a cooker with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, coffee machine, kettle, toaster, washing machine and fridge/freezer
- Dining table and 4 chairs
- Lounge area with 2 comfy sofas, WiFi, UK and French TV channels, wood burner
- Double doors from the lounge area out to a private terrace
- Door from the kitchen area to the bedroom with king-size bed and en suite shower room with WC
Cot, highchair and baby bath are available upon request.
- Private terrace with table and chairs, parasol, BBQ and sunloungers. There are lovely views from the terrace across farmland to the village nearby
- The gîte opens out straight onto the extensive pool terrace set within three walls of the old barn with rattan furniture, sunloungers and parasols
- Heated 10m x 5m pool with Roman steps set within the walls of the old barn
- Table tennis table, table football, petanque/boules and swings
- Along with the main house, the gîte is set in over an acre of grounds with lovely views all around, the owners grow fruit and vegetables which they are happy for you to make use of
- Ample parking on the driveway
No pets allowed.
No smoking allowed inside the gîte.
When the gîte is rented out the owners live in the main house, however the house does not overlook the gîte and pool so your privacy is respected. They have worked in the hospitality business and are very discrete, but of course they are available if required.
Flexible changeover day, 5 nights minimum stay.
Prices are per week - pay in any currencyFlexible arrival/departure day, 5 nights minimum stay Quality bed linen and bathroom towels are provided - for stays of more than one week a mid-stay bed linen change can be arrangedPool towels are provided€250 refundable security deposit
At the end of each rental we ask our clients for comments on their stay - we hope that the following comments will help making your choice of property easier
Catusse gite is new to us, we look forward to receiving your feedback
Catusse is set in peaceful countryside, not far from both Lauzun and Miramont-de-Guyenne | Lauzun 5km | Miramont-de-Guyenne 5km | Eymet 8km | Duras 22km | Bergerac 33km | Bergerac airport 33km | Bordeaux airport 114km | Toulouse airport 183km | Caen ferry port 627km | Calais Eurotunnel 912km